Skip to content
Vegan Zucchini Meatballs
Recipes - Cooking
Vegan Zucchini Meatballs - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup ORGAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gram yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 large zucchini, shredded
- pasta sauce
- 1 package ORGRAN Penne of Choice
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the drained and rinsed chickpeas, garlic cloves and crumbs. Pulse for about 5-10 seconds, until finely chopped. When you press the mixture between your fingers, it should hold together.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl along with the dried herbs, salt, yeast, lemon juice and shredded zucchini. Stir together until well-combined. If the mixture is too wet to handle, add a little flour to help absorb excess moisture.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 375°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, scoop out on heaping tablespoon of the zucchini mixture at a time and roll into 12 separate balls. Spray your hand with oil if mixture too soft to roll. Arrange on the baking sheet a few inches apart then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed.
- 5. Once the zucchini balls are light golden brown, remove them from the oven and set aside. Serve warm over cooked pasta with pasta sauce.