Skip to content
Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta w/Roasted Tomatoes
Recipes - Pasta
Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta w/Roasted Tomatoes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 cups tomatoes, halved
- 1 package ORGRAN Super Food Kale, Quinoa & Brown Rice Penne Pasta
- olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 205°C/400°F and toss tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Place cut site up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish. Then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. When done, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 1tbsp olive oil, the garlic and the shallot. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir frequently. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Stir in 3-4tbsp flour and mix with a whisk. Once combined, slowly whisk in the vegetable stock a little at a time so clumps don't form. Add another healthy pinch of salt and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 4-5 minutes to allow for thickening.
- Once the sauce is to your desired thickness, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Then add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir together. Serve immediately and enjoy.