Skip to content
Tomato & Sweet Potato Soup
Recipes - Cooking
Tomato & Sweet Potato Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 litre vegetable stock (vegetable stock cube can be used, to make up stock)
- fresh basil strips, and ORGRAN Crispibread™ of choice for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Prepare a large flat oven tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line tray with baking paper.
- 2. Cut tomatoes in half. Place cut side down onto prepared baking tray.
- 3. Pour 3 tablespoons oil over tomato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Place tomatoes into a moderately-hot oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn tomatoes and bake for a further 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- 5. While tomatoes are cooking, peel sweet potato. Cut into small dice. Steam until sweet potato is soft.
- 6. Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Sauté (lightly fry) onion and garlic.
- 7. Put tomatoes, onion, garlic, sweet potato, tomato paste, basil leaves, brown sugar, flour and a little of the stock into the bowl of an electric blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 8. Pour into large saucepan. Add remaining stock. Heat over a gentle heat.
- 9. Serve garnished with strips of basil and ORGRAN Crispibread™ of choice.