Skip to content
The Great Vegan Frittata
Recipes - Cooking
The Great Vegan Frittata - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Vegan Egg Mix Ingredients:
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™
- 700 millilitres water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
Additional Frittata Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/2 cup cashew cream
- pinch nutritional yeast flakes
- pinch paprika
- pinch parsley
- pinch cracked pepper
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to frypan and cook spring onion, garlic cloves and mushrooms on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together all egg mixture ingredients until a smooth thick consistency is achieved.
- Add cooked contents of frypan, peas and baby spinach to the batter and stir well.
- Coat frypan evenly with remaining olive oil, being sure to coat the sides. It’s ok if juices from the veggies still remain! Heat fry pan to a medium heat.
- Tip mixture into frypan, spreading evenly to the sides. The batter should make a slight sizzle as hits the pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. You should be able to lift with a spatula once it’s half cooked through.
- Take the frypan and put under a high heat grill for 10- 15 minutes. Allow the top to brown slightly.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Once cooled, the frittata should slide out of the pan with a little persuading from your spatula.
- Top with cashew cream, savoury yeast flakes, paprika, parsley and little cracked pepper.
- Cut like a pizza and serve!
- Recipe courtesy www.valiantvegan.com.au