Skip to content
Swedish Mushroom Meatballs
Recipes - Cooking
Swedish Mushroom Meatballs - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- canned chickpeas, mashed
- 1 cup ORGRAN Premium Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook down for a few minutes before adding onion and garlic. Take off heat when onions are translucent. Set aside until semi-cooled.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients (including mushroom mixture). Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. If needed, mix with clean hands.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Take ½ tablespoon dough each time and roll into balls. If they seem crumbly, make sure you are pressing/rolling them firmly, a dryer mixture results in better textured meatballs.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13-15 mins, turning over at the halfway point. Take them out when they have a lightly browned outer crust.
- Mix gravy mix, water, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a pot.
- Pour in mixture along with the vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer. The sauce will begin to thicken. Add pepper as desired.
- Add meatballs and sprinkle with the fresh parsley.