Recipe courtesy @feelgoodfoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Spanakopita Pasta Bake - Orgran
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 ORGRAN Quinoa Penne Pasta
- butter, melted (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
- 3 eggs, whisked (ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™, for vegan alternative)
- milk (or rice milk, for vegan alternative)
- ricotta (or vegan cheese)
- feta, crumbled (or 180g soy cheese, for vegan alternative)
- baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano, dried
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil and boil the pasta according to instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain well and set aside in a bowl. Pour over the melted butter and add the baby spinach and feta (or soy cheese). Combine well.
- In a separate bowl add the whisked eggs (add step for Vegan Easy Egg™), milk, ricotta, mint, oregano and pepper. Combine well so it turns into a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins (depending on ramekin size) or until just set. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately with a tomato salad and kalamata olives.