Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Shepherd's Pie - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons skim milk approx. (for mashing potato)
- 1 tablespoon butter or monounsaturated margarine (for mashing potato)
- salt (as desired, for mashing potato)
- freshly ground black pepper (as desired, for mashing potato)
- cold, diced, baked lamb (finely minced)
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt (as desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tomato relish or tomato sauce
- 1 rasher bacon
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 egg (ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a 25cm (10") pie dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Place into boiling salted water and cook until potato is soft.
- Place potato cubes into the top of a steamer and steam until potato is soft.
- 4. Drain potatoes and mash with a little milk, butter, salt and pepper as desired.
- 5. Line bottom of pie dish with mashed potato. Reserve some of the mashed potato for the top of the pie.
- 6. Combine meat, flour, onion, dried mixed herbs, parsley, salt (as desired) pepper, nutmeg, and tomato relish and mix well.
- 7. Place seasoned meat onto potato in pie dish.
- 8. Place the reminder of the mashed potato on top of the meat.
- 9. Cut bacon into long thin strips and place across the potato.
- 10. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 11. Beat egg (or No Egg™ as per packet instructions) and pour over the cheese.
- 12. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.