Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Breakfast, Desserts
Red Velvet Beetroot Pancakes - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 45m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 8 Pancakes
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- fresh beetroot
- 220 millilitres water
- 1 package ORGRAN Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs, whisked (or ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, for vegan alternative)
- 75 millilitres milk (or rice milk, for vegan alternative)
- vanilla bean coconut yogurt
- dried cranberries
- honey (or maple syrup, for vegan alternative)
- crushed nuts and seeds (choice of pistachios, pumpkin seeds, cashews and sunflower seeds)
- Peel and dice beetroot. Bring a pot of water to boil and add to pot. Simmer for 30 mins or until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- To a blender, add the beetroot along with the 220ml of water and puree.
- In a deep mixing bowl, add the pancake mix, beetroot puree, milk and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Using 1/3 cup scoop pancake mixture into lightly buttered, small non-stick frying pan.
- Flip when bubbles appear. Cook each side for approximately 2 mins. Makes approximately 8 pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with vanilla bean coconut yogurt, honey/or maple syrup , dried cranberries and crushed nuts and seeds.