Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Pork Rissoles - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Pork Rissoles Ingredients:
- minced pork
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling rissoles (approx. ⅔ cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying rissoles
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small-medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Pork Rissoles Method:
- 1. Place pork mince and rice ORGRAN crumbs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- 2. Put No Egg™, water, lemon rind, lemongrass, garlic, shallots, ginger, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into mince and rice crumbs. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 3. Take small portions of mixture, approx. the size of a golf ball and roll in flour.
- 4. Pour oil into a large frying pan. Heat oil over a moderate heat. Add rissoles and cook until firm. (Rissoles can be cooked in a deep dryer if desired.)
- 5. When rissoles are cooked, drain on absorbent paper.
Dipping Sauce Method:
- 1. Pour oil into a small frying pan. Heat oil over a gentle heat. Add onion, chilli and garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
- 2. Put onion, chilli, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar and water into a food blender. Blend until smooth. Return to frying pan and cook until sauce is smooth.
- 3. Serve rissoles with dipping sauce or pour sauce over rissoles to serve.