Skip to content
Pancakes w/Caramelised Pear Sauce
Recipes - Breakfast
Pancakes w/Caramelised Pear Sauce - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 large eggs
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Caramelised Pear Sauce Ingredients:
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- peeled and diced pears (approx. 4 large pears)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup hot water
- whipped cream, for serving
- 1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- 2. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
- 3. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- 4. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
- 5. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
- 6. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Soft pears will produce the best flavour. If the pears are hard, it is best to cook them for approx. 5 minutes in the microwave with a little water to soften them slightly.
Caramelised Pear Sauce Method:
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 8 minutes
- Makes 2 cups
- 1. Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- 2. Add diced pears to pan.
- 3. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until pears are golden in colour. Stir occasionally to prevent pears sticking to pan.
- 4. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent pears sticking to pan.
- 5. When cooked, cool slightly. Stir in vanilla.
- 6. Pour into an electric food blender. Add hot water. Blend until smooth.
- 7. Serve pancakes with Caramelised Pear Sauce and cream.
- Pancakes can be cooked in an electric pancake cooker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking. The pancakes can be used for savoury foods, as there is no added sugar in the recipe.