Skip to content
Mushroom & Aubergine Pasta Sauce
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Mushroom & Aubergine Pasta Sauce - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari, gluten free
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine
- no added salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon no added salt tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- season to taste with freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package ORGRAN Pasta of Choice, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- 2. Slice the tempeh into thin 2cm (¾") square pieces and marinate in the tamari and half of the oil for about 20 minutes.
- 3. Drain then spread on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 4. Dice the aubergine into 2cm (¾") cubes and place in a colander with a little salt mixed through.
- 5. Allow to sit for 10 minutes and then wash the salt off and allow to drain. In the mean time cook pasta as per pack directions.
- 6. Heat the rest of the olive oil in a large frypan and sauté the onion for a few minutes.
- 7. Add the crushed garlic, chopped mushrooms and the diced aubergine. Cover the frypan and cook on allow heat until the aubergine is soft.
- 8. Stir in the tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9. Add the chopped fresh herbs, seasonings and the baked tempeh pieces and simmer for 5 minutes more before serving with the pasta.