Skip to content
Moroccan Lamb Tagine
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Moroccan Lamb Tagine - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- tender lamb, cut into thin strips
- 2 GF Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- finely chopped crystallized ginger (gluten free)
- can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomato pesto (gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups thin strips butternut pumpkin
- can chickpeas, drained & rinsed. (Garbanzo Beans)
- fresh green beans, trimmed & cut into small pieces
- fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- 1 package ORGRAN Penne Pasta of choice (cooked as per packet instructions)
- 1. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a heavy-based ovenproof casserole dish. Warm over a gentle heat.
- 2. Add onion & garlic and stir-fry for approx.1 minute. Remove from casserole & set aside.
- 3. Add remainder of olive oil to casserole. Add meat & sear well to develop flavour.
- 4. Return onion & garlic to casserole.
- 5. Place crumbled vegetable cube into a small bowl. Add ground ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, chilli powder, coriander & chopped ginger. Stir well. Add to casserole & stir well through meat.
- 6. Pour tomatoes into a small mixing bowl. Stir in tomato pesto & red wine. Pour into casserole.
- 7. Gently stir in butternut pumpkin strips.
- 8. Cover & place into a moderate oven 160°C (325°F) for approx. 20 minutes or until meat & pumpkin is tender.
- 9. Add chickpeas & cook for approx. 10 minutes.
- 10. Add green beans & cook for approx. 5 minutes or until beans are tender.
- 11. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with pasta.