Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Minestrone Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 rashers bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 cups fresh beef stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper, as desired
- 1 x 300g can red kidney beans
- 1 x 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ORGRAN Buckwheat Spirals Pasta
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1. Remove rind and fat from bacon. Cut into pieces. Place into a large saucepan. Cook over a gently heat, stirring so that bacon does not burn.
- 2. Peel and crush garlic. Add to saucepan.
- 3. Peel onion and cut into small dice. Add to saucepan with bacon. Sauté (lightly fry) onion.
- 4. Peel carrots, sweet potato and potatoes and cut into small dice. Add to saucepan.
- 5. Chop celery into small pieces. Add to saucepan.
- 6. Pour stock into saucepan. Add salt & pepper as desired.
- 7. Drain and rinse red kidney beans. Add to saucepan.
- 8. Pour tomatoes into saucepan. Add tomato paste and stir well.
- 9. Boil gently until vegetables are soft.
- 10. After soup has been cooking for approx. 45 minutes, add pasta to saucepan and cook gently for approx. 10 minutes until pasta is soft. Do not overcook pasta or it will be too soft.
- 11. Garnish with fresh parsley.