Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Mexican Lasagna - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h 5m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 packages ORGRAN Lasagna Mini Sheets
Bean Salsa Sauce Ingredients:
- red kidney beans, drained and roughly mashed
- corn kernels, drained and washed
- crushed tomatoes
- napolitana sauce
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or chilli powder
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper, to taste
Cheesy Bean Sauce Ingredients:
- cannellini beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese (or vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 2 cups milk (or soy milk, for vegan alternative)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- basil leaves
- 20 millilitres lime juice
- 1 tomato, cut into thick slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- To make the cheesy sauce, add the cannellini beans, milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil and nutmeg into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a pot and simmer over low heat until ‘melted’. Take off stove and add the cheese. Combine well. Set aside.
- To make the bean sauce, add the olive oil, onion and capsicum to a deep pot and over a medium heat sauté for a few minutes. Add the beans, corn, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli, olives and seasoning and stir combining all ingredients well. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugo and water and over high heat bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble lasagna pour bean salsa sauce onto the bottom of the dish. Follow with a layer of pasta sheets, overlapping each sheet. Finally top with a thin layer of cheese sauce. Repeat by then again a layer of salsa sauce, pasta sheets and cheese sauce and again salsa sauce, pasta sheets and cheesy sauce. Finally add the last salsa sauce.
- Decorate the top of the lasagna with the slices of tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until top is browning and corners are bubbling. Check that the pasta has cooked by poking a fork in it and it comes out easily.
- Allow to sit for 15 mins before serving. Serve each piece with slices of avocado, a sprinkling of chives, basil leaves and fresh olives and a squeeze of lime juice.