Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Pasta
Mediterranean Lentil Pasta - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 3 people
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Super Food Kale, Quinoa & Brown Rice Penne Pasta
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into strips
- semi-sundried tomatoes, cut in quarters
- can organic lentils
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
- basil leaves to garnish
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Make the pesto by combining the baby spinach, basil, garlic, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray the capsicum with olive oil and place into a skillet. Fry, stirring occasionally for 2-3 mins. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Open the can of lentils, drain and combine with the semi-sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir the pesto into the pasta to coat it well and then add the lentils, semi-sundried tomatoes, capsicum, olives and combine all ingredients.
- Divide between bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves.