Skip to content
Lamb & Vegetable Pies
Recipes - Cooking
Lamb & Vegetable Pies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 large potatoes (approx. 660g)
- 1 egg (or 1 tsp ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia™ Cream for Cooking
- salt and pepper, for mashing potatoes
- 1 large eggplant (approx. 500g)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (approx. 200g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, (approx. 300g)
- 2 zucchini (approx. 150g)
- 1 x 800g (1½ lb.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy Mix
- minced lamb
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water. Cook until potato is soft. When potato is cooked, drain and discard liquid. Mash well. Place egg into a small bowl. (Alternatively, use No Egg™ as per packet instructions). Pour in water. Whisk egg well. Pour egg into mashed potato. Add cooking cream, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine ingredients. Set aside.
- 2. Cut eggplant into 7mm (¼”)slices.
- 3. Pour 5 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan. Heat over a gentle heat. Add eggplant slices. Cook on one side for about 5 minutes. Turn and cook on other side. It may be necessary to add a little more olive oil during cooking.
- 4. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5. Peel and finely chop onion.
- 6. Peel and crush garlic.
- 7. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté (lightly fry). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 8. Peel and finely dice carrots.
- 9. Peel and finely dice zucchini.
- 10. Put onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, gravy mix, meat, parsley, salt and pepper, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce into large frying pan. Cook over a gentle heat until meat and vegetables are cooked, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 11. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Prepare 6 x 12cm (6" x 4½”) ovenproof ramekins by spraying with cooking spray.
- 12. Put 1 slice of eggplant into the bottom of each ramekin. Put in about 2 tablespoons meat mixture on top of eggplant. Put in another slice of eggplant and another layer of meat mixture.
- 13. Spread or pipe mashed potato over top of meat.
- 14. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until heated through.