Skip to content
Kookoo (Potato Omelettes)
Recipes - Cooking
Kookoo (potato omelettes) - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Vegan Egg Mixture Ingredients:
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™
- 320 millilitres water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oil
Additional Omelette Ingredients:
- potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/2 onion, coarsely grated
- 1/8 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil, for frying
Vegetable Shirazi Salad:
- 1 small Lebanese cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 large vine-ripened tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon mint, dried
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water over high heat for 20 mins or until soft. Drain. Set aside to cool. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, to make the vegetable shirazi salad, combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, oil, lime juice and mint in a bowl.
- Whisk Vegan Easy Egg™ mixture in a bowl. Stir in the onion, parsley, chive, turmeric and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potato until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Drop 1/4-cupful measures of potato mixture into pan. Cook for 3-5 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Top with the yoghurt and shirazi salad.