Skip to content
High Prebiotic Asparagus & Pea Pasta
Recipes - Pasta
High Prebiotic Asparagus & Pea Pasta - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ORGRAN Spiral Pasta of choice
- 2 leeks – white and light green parts, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 200 millilitres vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, spears cut on the bias into 2 1/2cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 12 snowpeas, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1. Heat a medium pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- 2. Add leeks and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add pasta and cook until al dente.
- 4. Add wine to the leek and garlic mix and cook until evaporated.
- 5. Add asparagus and stock and cook until asparagus is tender (2-3 minutes).
- 6. Add lemon zest, snow peas and peas and stir until heated through (1-2 minutes).
- 7. Remove from heat, add the drained pasta and ¼ cup of reserved pasta cooking liquid and mix together.
- 8. Add parmesan, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9. Serve with lemon wedge.
- By PPN Dietitians – Kate Save and Prue Mynard