Skip to content
Turkish Zucchini & Haloumi Bake
Recipes - Cooking
Heavenly Turkish Zucchini & Haloumi Bake - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture removed
- haloumi, coarsely grated
- spelt flour
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 lemon, rind finely grated, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™
- 240 millilitres water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mint leaves, dried
- toasted Turkish bread, to serve (optional)
- Greek yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. Grease and line the base and sides of an 20cm round cake pan.
- Thinly slice one-third of the onion into rings and reserve. Finely chop remaining onion. Reserve 1 tbs of the dill sprigs and 1 tbs mint leaves. Chop remaining dill and mint.
- Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion, garlic and lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Add zucchini, haloumi and chopped herbs.
- Whisk Easy Egg mixture in a bowl. Sift over flour and baking powder. Whisk until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add to zucchini mixture. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Top with reserved onion rings, dill and mint.
- Combine pumpkin seeds, sumac, sesame seeds and dried mint in a bowl and sprinkle over cake. Bake for 23-27 mins or until set. Stand in pan for 10 mins. Serve with lemon wedges, extra dill and mint, Turkish bread and yogurt, if desired.