Skip to content
Falafel & Sweet Potato Patties
Recipes - Cooking
Falafel & Sweet Potato Patties - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 large sweet potato, (approx 660g)
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 package ORGRAN Falafel Mix
- soft Philadelphia™ cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 2/3 cup ORGRAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Peel and cut sweet potato into small cubes. Place into a steamer and steam until tender. Put cooked sweet potato through a potato ricer or Mouli. Place into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 2. Remove shells from cooked eggs. Put cooked egg through potato ricer or Mouli. Put into bowl with sweet potato.
- 3. Add falafel, cream cheese, curry powder, garlic, lemon grass, coriander and pepper. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 4. Break egg into a separate small bowl. Pour in water. Lightly whisk.
- 5. Put flour into a small flat bowl.
- 6. Put breadcrumbs into a separate small flat bowl.
- 7. Lightly dust hands with gluten free plain flour. Roll small portions of mixture. Flatten into a patty shape.
- 8. Toss in flour, dip in egg and roll in rice crumbs.
- 9. Heat oil in a large frying pan. A deep fryer or air fryer can be used. The amount of oil required will vary according to the fryer used.
- 10. Fry patties until lightly golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- 11. Serve as desired with dressing.
- 1. Place all the ingredients into an electric food blender and mix well.