Skip to content
Baked Omelette Roll (2)
Recipes - Breakfast, Cooking
Delish Baked Omelette Roll - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk, for vegan alternative)
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheese (or vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN Premium Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- salt & white pepper, to taste
Egg Yolk Ingredients:
- 50 ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™
- 200 millilitres water
- 2 teaspoons oil
Egg White Ingredients:
- 10 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 10 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Prepare a 30cm x 21cm jam roll tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- Place butter (or margarine) into a medium-sized saucepan. Melt over a low heat. Remove saucepan from stove. Stir flour into melted butter. Return saucepan to heat and cook, stirring continuously for 30 seconds. Remove saucepan from heat and gradually stir in milk (or soy milk). Return saucepan to heat and cook stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens.
- Stir 1/2 cup grated cheese (or vegan cheese), breadcrumbs, mustard, paprika, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper into sauce. Set sauce aside.
- Mix 10 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ with 10 tablespoons water and beat with mixer until thicken.
- Place 50g ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ and add 200ml water and 2tsp oil. Beat well.
- Lightly fold Vegan Easy Egg mixture and 1/4 cup grated cheese into No Egg™.
- Spread over base of prepared tray.
- Place into a hot oven and bake for approx. 10 mins or until golden brown and set in the centre.
- When cooked remove from oven.
- Spread about two thirds of sauce over omelette. Roll up as for a jam roll.
- Line baking tray with fresh baking paper.
- Place omelette roll into tray.
- Spread remaining sauce over roll. Top with remaining 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Bake for a further 7 mins until cheese is melted.
- Serve slices hot or cold as desired.