Recipe courtesy feelgoodfoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Snacks
Delectable Oven Baked Green Tomatoes - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 16m
- Total Time: 26m
- Serves: 4
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 green tomatoes, large
- 1 cup ORGRAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Premium Crispi™ Breadcumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 eggs whisked (or ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™, for vegan alternative)
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, seasoned with garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the tomatoes in 1cm thick slices.
- Combine in a bowl the two types of breadcrumbs with the seasoning and spices. In a separate shallow bowl add the flour with the garlic salt and in a third bowl whisk the eggs.
- Coat the tomatoes first in the plain flour, then in the egg wash and finally in the crumb mixture.
- Place onto baking tray and cook for 8 mins. Turn over and bake a further 8 mins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. They should be crispy and golden on the outside and deliciously fluffy on the inside.