Skip to content
Crumbed Fish w/Sweet Potato Chips & Beetroot Slaw
Recipes - Cooking
Crumbed Fish w/Sweet Potato Chips & Beetroot Slaw - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 x 150g firm white fish fillets, skin off
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Beetroot Slaw Ingredients:
- canned beetroot
- 1/2 small red cabbage
- 1 small red onion
- 1 green chilli
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 200 millilitres greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
Sweet Potato Chips Method:
- 1. Pre-heat oven in 180°C/350°F.
- 2. Cut the chosen potatoes into chips or wedges and place on a baking tray.
- 3. Add the garlic and olive oil and spread it onto all the chips with your hands.
- 4. Arrange the chips so they are spread apart and crack black pepper on top.
- 5. Bake for 10 minutes on each side.
Crumbed Fish Method:
- 1. Whisk the No Egg in a large, shallow bowl with the required water and season.
- 2. Place the rice crumbs in a similar bowl and the flour in a third bowl.
- 3. Coat your fish in the flour – shaking off any excess – then dip in the egg and then finally coat in the crumbs.
- 4. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add the fish, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes depending on the thickness, then flip.
- 5. Cook for another 2 minutes. Season, then drain on paper towel.
- 6. To test if the fish is cooked, run a small, sharp knife through the thickest part. It should go all the way through and the flesh should look opaque.
Beetroot Slaw Method:
- 1. Finely slice canned beetroot and red onion. Finely shred ½ small red cabbage.
- 2. Stir together in a large bowl with a finely chopped green chilli and most of a bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped.
- 3. Mix Greek yogurt in a small bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice, a crushed garlic clove and seasoned as desire.
- 4. Top the slaw mix with the yogurt or place on the side.
- Assemble the fish, chips and slaw on a plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy.