Recipe courtesy Theinnerpickle
Recipes - Breakfast, Cooking, Snacks
Crispy Egg & Vegetable Hash Cakes - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Yield: 10
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™
- 250 millilitres water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 turmeric
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional, but recommended – enhances the “egg” flavour)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- In a mixing bowl, combine 50g Vegan Easy Egg™ with 250ml (1 cup) of water and whisk well, ensuring all clumps have been smoothed. Add the herbs and spices.
- Evenly stir the grated vegetables until well coated.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium heat, and lightly oil. Lightly spray the egg rings/cookie cutters with oil (unless using non-stick), and spread evenly into the heating pan.
- Once pan is hot, fill each ring/cutter with mixture and gently pack down. Cook for about 4 mins, or until roughly 3/4 of the cake feels cooked when pricked with a knife.
- Carefully flip, and cook the other side of the cake. Remove the ring after a few minutes, and cook the cake until the underside is crisp.
- Remove from pan onto a wire rack, and repeat until all mixture has been used. Depending on the size of the rings, this should yield 10-12 cakes.
- Serve as a side to your favourite savoury breakfast (try it with tomato relish!), on your favourite burger, or to bulk up salad or vegetable dishes.