Recipe courtesy Inner Pickle
Recipes - Cooking, Desserts
Crispy Baked Banana Slabs - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 4 bananas
Crust Mixture Ingredients:
- 6 individual ORGRAN Fava Crispibread™
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and lightly spray a baking tray with oil, or line with baking paper.
- Using a plastic bag and rolling pin (or just your hands), crush the crispbreads until they're mostly dust, with only a few larger chunks still remaining. Empty the crushed breads onto a large plate, stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg, and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Slowly whisk in the arrowroot powder until no clumps remain. Set aside.
- Lastly, peel and cut the bananas! To cut, slice each banana in half, then slice each piece length ways, leaving four open slabs of each banana.
- Set-up your work station: Bananas. Wet mixture. Crust mixture. Tray. Grab a banana slab and coat well in the wet mix. Remove, let a little drip off, then coat well in the crust mix, making sure to cover all sides and ends. Lastly, place on the prepared tray., cut side up Repeat for the remaining banana slabs!
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 30 mins, or until golden or desired caramelised goodness/crispiness is reached.
- Remove from the oven, let cool on the tray completely, and try not to devour them all in one go.
- *** This recipe was originally made using a lined tray, however, the crust on the underneath side of the bananas lightly stuck to the paper, so caution advised when removing from the tray is using the paper method. A lightly sprayed tray might make the bottoms crispier, and also help them not to stick. Either method will work, regardless.