Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Creamy Roasted Red Capsicum Pasta - Orgran
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Serves: 2
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 red capsicums, roasted
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon each pink Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 packages ORGRAN Penne of choice
- Slice the capsicums in half, remove the seeds and place them sliced side down on a lined baking tray.
- Spray with coconut oil
- Bake for 30 mins at 180Cº/350Fº until blackened
- Place immediately in a bowl of cold water and leave for 5 mins
- Peel off the skins easily
- Whilst the capsicums are cooling, sauté the onion and garlic, and cook the pasta as per packet directions.
- Place all ingredients (except pasta) in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the liquid and seasoning to suit
- Place back in a pan to warm through .
- Stir through the pasta
- Enjoy topped with fresh basil, more nutritional yeast and a pinch of chilli flakes if desired