Skip to content
Corn & Vegetable Pasta w/Sour Cream & Carrot Sauce
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Corn & Vegetable Pasta w/Sour Cream & Carrot Sauce - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Corn & Vegetable Shell Pasta
- 1 large red onion (approx. 125g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- mini tomatoes, of your choice (suggest mini roma or cherry tomatoes)
- ham, thinly sliced
- packet baby spinach leaves
Sour Cream & Carrot Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large carrot (approx. 180g)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- soft Philadelphia™ cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 1. Peel and cut onion into small dice.
- 2. Peel and crush garlic.
- 3. Pour oil into a small frying pan. Heat oil over a gentle heat. Add onion, garlic, chilli and mustard seeds. Sauté (lightly fry) and set aside.
- 4. Peel and cut avocado into small dice. Pour lemon juice over avocado. Lightly toss to coat avocado with lemon juice.
- 5. Cut tomatoes in half.
- 6. Cut ham into thin strips.
- 7. Cook pasta according to the directions on the packet.
- 8. Arrange with spinach leaves, cooked pasta, onion, garlic, chilli and mustard seeds, avocado, tomato and ham.
- 9. Serve with Sour Cream and Carrot Sauce.
Sour Cream & Carrot Sauce Method:
- 1. Peel and chop carrot.
- 2. Put chopped carrot, sour cream and cream cheese into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until smooth. Season with paprika, salt and pepper.