Skip to content
Chicken & Caramelised Lemon Salad
Recipes - Cooking
Chicken & Caramelised Lemon Salad - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 4 chicken fillets
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (or low fat margarine)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- lettuce leaves, pack of your choice
- 1. Cut chicken into small cubes (approx. 0.5cm (½'') cubes).
- 2. Place chicken into a large zip sale bag. Add flour. Toss chicken cubes in bag to thoroughly cost with ORGRAN flour.
- 3. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan. Add chicken cubes and cook, turning frequently to allow even cooking. When cooked remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- 4. Finely dice lemon and remove any seeds. Place lemon into a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave on medium-high for 1 minute.
- 5. Peel and finely dice onion.
- 6. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into frying pan. Add butter. Melt over a gentle heat. Add onion and sauté onion (lightly fry). Add brown sugar and stir until caramelised. Add lemon and cook until caramelised. Put into a large bowl. Add olives and basil to bowl. Stir to combine. Add chicken and stir well to combine ingredients.
- 7. To serve, put lettuce into a serving bowl. Top with chicken and lemon.