Skip to content
Cheese & Bacon Pancakes
Recipes - Breakfast
Cheese & Bacon Pancakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1. Separate eggs.
- 2. Place egg yolks, flours, baking powder, oil, buttermilk and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender. Blend to combine ingredients. Pour mixture into a medium-sized bowl.
- 3. Place egg whites into a small clean, dry bowl. Beat until stiff. Lightly fold into pancake mixture.
- 4. Stir in grated cheese and bacon pieces.
- 5. If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (3250F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
- 6. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- 7. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
- 8. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
- 9. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.