Skip to content
Cauliflower in White Wine Cheese Sauce
Recipes - Cooking
Cauliflower in White Wine Cheese Sauce - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- cauliflower (approx. ½ cauliflower)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Verjuice or dry white wine
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- Philadelphia™ cooking cream
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1. Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- 2. Place cauliflower into a steamer. Steam until just soft. Do not overcook.
- 3. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 4. Prepare a medium-sized casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 5. Place cooked cauliflower into prepared dish.
- 6. Pour vegetable stock and white wine into a large microwave-safe jug. Microwave on high until nearly boiling. Do not boil.
- 7. Put cheese into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle ORGRAN flour throughout cheese. Sprinkle cheese into hot liquid.
- 8. Microwave sauce on medium-high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-high for 1-minute intervals and stir until sauce thickens. Do not boil.
- 9. Put cream into hot liquid and stir until cream is mixed throughout liquid.
- 10. Pour sauce over cauliflower in casserole dish.
- 11. Place into a moderately-hot oven and cook for approx. 10 minutes or until heated through.
- 12. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan for serving.