Skip to content
Buckwheat & Coconut Pancakes
Recipes - Breakfast
Buckwheat & Coconut Pancakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- canned coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric blender. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- 2. If using an electric pancake cooker, cook pancakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an electric frypan, heat to 160°C (325°F). (Point No 5-6 on a dial of 1-10.) Pan will cook pancakes more evenly if it is seasoned first. This is done by melting 1 teaspoon of butter in pan. Spread butter over base of pan. Heat until butter is golden brown. Using paper towel, wipe butter from pan.
- 3. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- 4. Place 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan for each pancake.
- 5. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on reverse side until golden brown.
- 6. Place plastic wrap over a fine wire rack. When cooked, remove pancakes from frypan and place onto wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent drying out.
- Pancakes may be cooked in an electric pancake cooker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking.