Skip to content
Recipes - Breakfast
Brekky Parfait - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Multigrain O’s with Quinoa
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Itsy Bitsy Cocoa O’s
- 2 large soft dates, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons LSA (linseed, sunflower seeds, almonds)
- 2 teaspoons psyllium
- 2 teaspoons rice bran
- 1 cup plain or strawberry yoghurt, as desired
- 4 large strawberries, tops removed and cut into quarters
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients:
- 8 large strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1. Place multigrain O’s and cocoa O’s into the bowl of an electric food blender or food processor.
- Process until small pieces. Do not process to a fine powder.
- 2. To assemble parfait. Put half of the chopped date into the bottom of each parfait glass.
- Add a teaspoon LSA, a teaspoon psyllium and a teaspoon of rice bran to each glass.
- 3. Top up parfait glass with layers of yoghurt, pieces of strawberry, some crushed multigrain O’s and cocoa O’s and strawberry sauce.
Strawberry Sauce Method:
- 1. Hull strawberries (remove green tops).
- 2. Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice into the bowl of an electric food blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.
- Microwave on medium-high for 30-second intervals and stir, until strawberry sauce is slightly thickened.
- 4. When sauce is cooked, stored in a clean, warm, sterilised jar and seal.