Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Beef Stew with Penne Pasta - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Total Time: 1h 45m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Buckwheat Penne Pasta
- 1 kilogram beef chuck steak, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon pimento spice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- organic crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water - boiling
- Heat oil in a wide base deep pot and add the beef. Brown on all sides. This could take up to 10 mins as the beef will release liquid. On a high heat, allow it to reabsorb and brown.
- Add the onions and garlic, oregano, all the spices, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Combine well and sauce for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable stock/water and bring to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer covered for 1.5 hours. Check every 30 mins and gently stir. If needed add more boiling water or stock.
- Once beef is cooked, prepare pasta as instructed on packet.
- Drain pasta and add to pot of beef stew. Gently stir through and serve immediately.