Skip to content
Baked Tomato Salsa Dip w/Black Bean Wafer Crackers
Recipes - Cooking, Snacks, Wafer Crackers
Baked Tomato Salsa Dip w/Black Bean Wafer Crackers - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Black Bean Wafer Crackers
- 5 roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 brown onions, peeled and sliced thick
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red cayenne chilli, sliced in half
- 1 green cayenne chilli, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 30 millilitres rice wine vinegar
- 20 millilitres lime juice
- 30 millilitres olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place tomatoes, onions, garlic and chilli on tray and season with the sea salt. Place in preheated oven for 20 mins.
- Once cooked, allow to cool for 5 mins. Peel off the skin from the tomatoes and discard.
- Using a spoon scoop out majority of the chilli seeds and discard as well (unless you like a really hot salsa). Using the same spoon, scape the chilli flesh away from the skin and discard the skin as well.
- Place in a food processor or thermomix, the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chilli, coriander, mint, rice wine vinegar, lime juice and olive oil. Pulse until salsa is mixed and a little chunky but not smooth.
- Serve with nacho chips and wafers crackers. Enjoy.