Skip to content
Bacon Wrapped Sausages
Recipes - Cooking
Bacon Wrapped Sausages - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 16 small sausages, or 8 long thin sausages
- 16 slices short cut bacon
- 6 tablespoons prepared mustard (gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN Rice Crispi™ Breadcrumbs
- toothpicks to secure bacon around sausage
- 1. Place sausages into a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water. Bring slowly to the boil. Boil until skins start to separate from sausages.
- 2. Remove sausages from saucepan of hot water. Allow to cool slightly. Remove skins from sausages.
- 3. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 4. Prepare a large flat oven tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tins with baking paper.
- 5. Put mustard into a small mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs. Mix to a firm paste.
- 6. Split sausages horizontally, taking care not to cut sausages right through. Insert a strip of breadcrumbs and mustard paste along the split in the sausage.
- 7. Wrap a strip of bacon around each sausage and secure in place with toothpicks.
- 8. Place sausages onto prepared tray. Cook for approx. 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- 9. Place into a moderately-hot oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- 10. Serve with salad as desired.