Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Australiana - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Banana Fritter Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 large banana
- macadamia oil, for frying (approx. 1 cup)
- bush tomatoes
- 4 slices lime
- ground pepper leaf
- Preparation time 20 minutes (plus 60 minutes to marinate crocodile)
- Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1. Place crocodile fillets into a flat glass (not metal) dish.
- 2. Microwave lime on high for 20 seconds (to allow juice to squeeze more easily).
- 3. Pour lime juice over crocodile. Marinate for 30 minutes. Turn fillets over and marinate for another 30 minutes.
- 4. Pour oil into a large non-stick frying pan. Heat over a gentle heat. Add crocodile fillets. Reserve juice. Cook for 5 minutes over a gentle heat. Turn and cook for further 5 minutes. Remove fillets from pan and set aside to keep warm.
- 5. Add macadamia nuts and cook until juice in pan coats nuts. Set aside to for serving.
- 6. Pour reserved lime juice from marinade into frying pan. Heat over a gentle heat. Pour in coconut milk and cream. Stir until well combined to make a smooth sauce.
- 7. Season with ground pepper leaf.
- 8. Prepare Banana Fritters.
- Although Australia doesn't rate in the top 10 banana producing countries of the world, bananas are considered to be a very popular Australians fruit. These banana fritters are cooked just long enough to allow the batter to become lightly golden. The banana will be soft and mouth watering. The batter is very light in texture. Bananas cooked in this way would make a very quick and tasty dessert when served hot with icecream and Caramel Sauce.
Banana Fritters Method:
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 15 minutes
- 1. Pour macadamia oil into a small saucepan. Heat over a gentle heat. Take care not to overheat, as macadamia oil can burn easily.
- 2. Break egg into a small bowl. Pour in water. Beat with a whisk beater.
- 3. Add flour and beat to a smooth batter.
- 4. Remove skin from banana and cut into 0.5cm (¼") diagonal slices.
- 5. Coat banana slices with batter.
- 6. Pour macadamia oil into a small saucepan. Heat over a gentle heat.
- 7. Place coated banana slices into hot oil. Do not overcrowd during cooking. Cook for 30 seconds on one side. Turn and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- 1. Re-warm crocodile fillets in pan with coconut sauce. Do not overheat or crocodile can become tough.
- 2. Arrange fillets with coconut sauce, banana fritters, macadamia, bush tomatoes, a twist of lime and a sprinkle of ground pepper leaf.