Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Zucchini Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- soft butter or margarine (4oz)
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx. 2 small zucchini)
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds kernels
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually add egg, beating well after each addition.
- Place yoghurt into a small bowl. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Pour into creamed butter and sugar. Stir well.
- Stir grated zucchini, pecans, sunflower seeds, apricots and sultanas into creamed mixture. Sift flour, cinnamon & nutmeg into a medium-sized bowl. Stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
- Three quarters fill each muffin cup in tray.
- Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.