Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Zucchini Boats - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 6 large zucchini, halved lengthways
- chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 1 tomato, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven 190C fan forced.
- Using a small scoop, scoop out the centre flesh of the zucchini and chop, set aside. Place hollowed zucchini shells in the bottom of a shallow baking dish lined with baking paper.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil and chicken mince. Using a wooden spoon break down the mince. Cook over high heat for only 2-3 mins before adding the tomato paste. Stir through until evenly distributed then add the zucchini flesh, tomato, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, marjoram, sea salt and pepper into the pan (all ingredients except the egg replacer). Stir continuously for 2 mins.
- Take off heat and add egg replacer, quickly mixing and combining with stuffing.
- Divide mixture evenly amongst zucchini shells.
- Bake in oven for 25 mins or until zucchini is just tender (you don’t want them to be overcooked and soft).
- Sprinkle feta, parsley and olive oil over the top and serve immediately,