Skip to content
Zucchini & Apple Cake
Recipes - Baking
Zucchini & Apple Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- zucchini (approx. 2 small zucchini)
- apple (approx. 1 apple)
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 1 cup plain coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package ORGRAN Vanilla Cake Mix
- dairy free margarine
- 1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- 2. Prepare a 20cm (8") round fluted cake tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Chop zucchini. Put into the bowl of an electric food blender.
- 4. Peel and chop apple. Put into blender.
- 5. Put egg replacer, yoghurt, golden syrup, bicarbonate of soda, walnuts and vanilla into blender. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- 6. Put cake mix into the large bowl of an electric food mixer.
- 7. Pour liquid from blender into cake mix in bowl. Add margarine. Beat until ingredients are well combined.
- 8. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
- 9. Place into a moderately-slow oven and bake for approx. 45 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 10. When cooked, remove from oven. Leave in tin to cool.