Recipe courtesy Healthy Eating Jo
Recipes - Baking, Desserts, Snacks
Yoghurt Choc Tarts - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 45m
- Yield: 3-4 Tarts
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
- chilled vegan butter (or green banana)
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilled water
- 1 cup plant based yoghurt
- 1 pinch spirulina and natural blue powders
- natural sweetener to taste
Pie Crust Method:
- Place flour, stevia, cacao and butter in a food processor and pulse until crumbed. Add the egg replacers and water as required to just bring the mix together when pressed.
- Turn out on to bench and knead into a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll out into a rectangle between 2 sheets of cling film or baking paper until 3mm thick.
- Line shaped mini pie tins and trim edges.
- Line inside of dough with baking paper and fill with baking weights or rice.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 mins.
- Remove baking paper and rice and put back in the oven for a further 5-10 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix together yoghurt, spirulina & natural blue powders and sweetener until smooth. Spoon into cooled bases.
- Top with additional fruit if desired and enjoy immediately.
- Alternatively, place in the freezer, and allow to thaw slightly prior to consuming.