Skip to content
White Chocolate Almond Brownies
Recipes - Baking
White Chocolate Almond Brownies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- soft butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- white chocolate
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 cup full cream milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- white chocolate, extra
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Prepare an 18cm x 23cm (7” x 9”) slice tin by spraying with cooking spray. Line tin with baking paper.
- Place butter and white chocolate into a small saucepan. Melt over a gentle heat. Stir well to combine. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Place butter and white chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to
- microwave on medium high for 1 minute and stir until
- chocolate is melted. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Stir sugar, egg, vanilla and almonds into margarine and chocolate.
- Sift flours, milk powder and baking powder. Stir into chocolate mixture. Stir well to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Press mixture into base of prepared tin.
- Place into a moderate oven and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- When cooked, remove from oven.
- Melt extra white chocolate and thinly spread over top.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.