Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
White Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- 2. Prepare a 20cm (8") round cake tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 4. Sift flours into a small bowl.
- 5. Gradually add sifted flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- 6. In a separate, clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and lightly fold into cake mixture.
- 7. Spread mixture into prepared tin.
- 8. Place cake into a moderate oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- 9. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.