Vegan Roasted Capsicum Pasta
Recipes - Cooking, Pasta
Vegan Roasted Capsicum Pasta - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 Large Red Capsicum
- 2 tablespoons (30-45 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 shallots or onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (2 Tbsp or 12 g)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- rice milk
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) cornstarch
- Pinch red pepper flake (optional, for heat)
- ORGRAN Quinoa Spirals
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (if your allergies permit it)
- 1. Heat oven to 260°C and roast the capsicum on a baking sheet until charred - about 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds and stems. Set aside.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- 3. While the capsicum is roasting, bring a large frying pan over medium heat and sauteé the onion and garlic in 2-3 Tbsp olive oil until golden brown and soft - about 4-5 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4. Transfer sautéed shallot and garlic to blender with roasted peppers, rice milk, red pepper flake, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. Season with desired amount of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- 5. Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper or nutritional yeast for flavor.
- 6. Once blended, place sauce back in the pan over medium heat to thicken. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- 7. Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency ,add the pasta.
- 8. Serve with vegan Parmesan, red pepper flake and fresh chopped parsley.
Follow us on social media