Skip to content
Vegan Pizza Topping
Recipes - Cooking
Vegan Pizza Topping - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Baba Ganoush Ingredients:
- 1 large aubergine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Dairy Free Pesto Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh basil and parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Additional ingredients
- 1 small red onion, sliced in thin rounds
- tofu, diced in 1cm squares
- 2 marinated artichokes, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Baba Ganoush Method –
- Cut the aubergine in half lengthways and oil the cut sides then place in a grill with the cut sides down and cook until the skin has blackened and the flesh is soft.
- Blend the aubergine with the garlic and the lemon juice then place in a bowl and stir in the tahini.
- Dairy Free Pesto Method –
- Blend the basil and parsley with the other ingredients until smooth.
- Create pizza base using Orgran Pizza & Pastry Multi-Mix; follow instructions on the pack.
- 1. To assemble the pizza, place a good layer of baba ganoush over the pizza base then dot the pesto over the top.
- 2. Spread the thinly sliced red onion all over the top and then arrange all the other ingredients over the top as well.
- 3. Finally, trickle the tahini over the top.
- 4. Place in a preheated 200°C / 390°F oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 5. Unlike most traditional pizzas, this version is topped with a good selection of vegetables, tofu to supply protein without the saturated fat, and healthy fats from tahini and pesto.