Skip to content
Vegan Mini Jam Filled Doughnuts
Recipes - Cooking, Desserts
Vegan Mini Jam Filled Doughnuts - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- jam (or desired filling)
- In a bowl, warm soy milk in microwave for 1 min. Add in yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar then stir until well combined. Let it sit for 10-15 mins or until bubbles started to form.
- In a separate bowl, mix ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, ORGRAN Self Raising Flour, pinch of salt and ½ teaspoon of oil.
- Add in milk mixture and mix until well combined and form a ball. Let it sit for 10-15 mins in warm place for proofing.
- Add ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil once dough formed and mix it.
- In a mini wok or small saucepan, pour in oil, enough to create a pool in the centre that would cover half a mini doughnut. Let the oil heat up & bring to a simmer.
- Coat hands with ½ teaspoon of oil to stop the dough sticking and then start to create little dough balls.
- Gently drop into the simmering oil. Use a large spoon to gently toss each mini doughnut so it begins to turn a golden colour. It will start to crisp on the outside too. Continue for about 2 mins then remove & let it drain on a paper towel.
- Fill each with jam or any desired filling with pipping bag.
- Coat in sugar or eat as is.