Recipe courtesy feelgoodfoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking
Vegan Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 6
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 large, long eggplants
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (or vegan Parmesan cheese for vegan alternative)
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Crispi™ Premium Breadcrumbs
- ORGRAN Quinoa Croutons with Sea Salt
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Cut eggplant in half lengthways and remove pulp leaving a 1cm thick shell. Season with a little black pepper only. Cube pulp and set both shell and pulp aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the croutons and then combine in a bowl with the parmesan cheese(or vegan Parmesan cheese for vegan alternative). Set aside for later.
- In a large non stick pan add the olive oil and onion and sauté. Then add the chopped pieces of eggplant and sauté for a further minute , stirring occasionally.
- Add the kale, parsley and garlic, tomato paste and fresh tomatoes and stir whilst cooking for a further 2 mins. Season well with sea salt and pepper. Take off heat and stir through the ORGRAN Quinoa Croutons with Sea Salt/parmesan mixture.
- Divide mixture evenly between the eggplant shells. Drizzle at least a tablespoon of olive oil all around the eggplant, especially over the 1cm thick outer shell. Sprinkle stuffing with the ORGRAN Crispi™ Premium Breadcrumbs.
- Place in baking pan lined with baking paper at 180C for 40 mins or until shell is tender.