Recipe courtesy FeelGoodFoodie.au
Recipes - Desserts
Vegan Christmas Cherry Tart - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Total Time: 45m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Pizza and Pastry Multimix
- dairy free hard butter, grated and chilled
- iced water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- ORGRAN Instant Custard Mix
- non-dairy milk
- 20 cherries, halved and pitted
- Prepare the pastry. Place the flour, butter and sugar in a bowl and using fingers rub the flour until it resembles crumbs. Gradually add the iced water and using a knife or dough blender combine well till it forms a smooth dough. Knead gently for a minute and then wrap in cling wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Prepare the cherries. Set aside.
- Prepare the custard. Place milk and custard powder into deep bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Remove pastry from fridge and roll out into a circle, just larger than the pie dish, between two sheets of baking paper. Pastry should be no more than ½ cm thick.
- Line pie dish with pastry and trim the edges. Fill with the custard and decorate with the cherries.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 mins. Remove and allow to completely cool before serving. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Optional: Once cooled, place in fridge and serve cold on a hot summers day.