Recipe courtesy feelgoodfoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking
Vegan Cauliflower Steaks with Mushroom Gravy - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 4
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy Mix (mixed with 350ml cold water)
- 1 cauliflower, washed, cut into 4cm thick slices
- oyster mushrooms, sliced
- button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced and arrange large tray with baking paper.
- Place cauliflower steaks onto tray and drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Place in oven for 15 mins, flip over and remake for a further 15 mins.
- In the meantime prepare the mushroom gravy. Add the sliced mushrooms to a wide pan with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté whilst stirring continuously for 2 mins. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Now cook the vegetable gravy. In a saucepan add the gravy mix with cold water and using a whisk continuously stir until brings to boil and has just begun to thicken. Take off heat and add to mushrooms. Combine well.
- Serve cauliflower steaks immediately topped with the hot mushroom gravy sauce, a fresh sprinkling of ground pepper and fresh parsley leaves and a side green salad.