Skip to content
Vegan Almond Bread
Recipes - Baking
Vegan Almond Bread - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 3/4 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, sifted
- almonds, un-blanched
- Preheat oven to moderate - 180°C (350°F). Grease 2 small loaf tins.
- Beat No Egg™ and ice water until thick and shiny; add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove beaters and using a large metal spoon gently mix in sifted flour and almonds.
- Divide mixture between the greased loaf tins and bake in a moderate oven until light golden brown.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- When cold wrap in foil and stand in fridge 1 – 2 days.
- Remove from foil and slice very thinly with a very sharp knife.
- On an oven tray, place slices in single layer and bake in a slow oven 150°C (300°F) for approx. 45 minutes or until dry and crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store cold slices in airtight container.
- NB: Not suitable to freeze or microwave.