Skip to content
Vanilla Rainbow Cake w/Lemon Buttercream Frosting
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Vanilla Rainbow Cake w/Lemon Buttercream Frosting - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 6 packages ORGRAN Vanilla Cake Mix
- 12 eggs
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 6 food dyes (purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red)
- 1 kilogram low fat margarine
- 5 cups pure icing sugar
- 20 teaspoons lemon essential oil
White Chocolate Ganaché Ingredients:
- white cooking chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
Sponge Cake Method:
- Line your baking tins with baking paper. Prepare 6 x packets cake mix as per packet instructions.
- Add 1 colour of food dye to each cake mix until desired colour is reached.
- Bake 6 x cake mix as per packet instructions.
- Allow to cool and wrap individually in wrap to preserve freshness and colours.
Buttercream Frosting Method:
- Place butter in a blending bowl and add 1/3 cup of icing sugar at a time until combined well.
- Add 20 drops of lemon essential oil.
- More icing sugar and lemon essential oil can be added depending on taste preference.
- Remove cakes from fridge and slice the tops off each ensuring they are flat and each the same size. Make sure bottom cake is slightly larger than others to prevent from being squashed.
- Layer buttercream frosting on top of bottom sponge and place next cake layer on top.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow to set. Continue this process until all layers are placed.
- Store in fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Once out of the fridge, cover the outside of the cake and surface with leftover icing and smooth out with the flat side of the spatula.
- Place in the fridge to set and begin preparing white chocolate ganache.
White Chocolate Ganaché Method:
- Put 2 cups of cream into a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add white chocolate and cover with foil for 2 minutes.
- Remove foil and gently whisk chocolate into cream until completely mixed.
- Let the ganache cool until a thick consistency forms.
- Once cooled, slowly pour over entire cake using a spatula to push over side. Use a cake scraper to smooth out the ganache until cake is covered.
- Decorate cake how you desire.